Sunday 3 February 2013

Details (part one)

There are some things I have a weakness for. One of those things is blouses. Or tops. Although I don't really like either word - 'blouses' conjures up what you might be expected to wear when working in a building society; 'tops' doesn't really mean much at all.


What I like are not quite shirts. They don't button through. They're not particularly fitted. They go well with skinny jeans and slim-fitting pants.


This particular one was bought several years ago when I was footloose, fancy-free and well-paid. Fortunately it was money well spent - an investment I suppose. It always accompanies me when I go on holiday. 


I like the buttons and beading detailing. And it lets me eat a big meal with dessert and still be able to breathe out.


These blouses/tops/whatever are dressed-up enough for going out somewhere special but look good on less formal occasions too.


I'm also a sucker for a high neck. Maybe I would have made a good Victorian (or Edwardian). I have a few rules when it comes to dressing - I'm not a cleavage-y person, so low-cut rarely happens. And if you're wearing tight on the top, go slouchier on the bottom. And vice-versa. Although slouchy all over works when lounging around...


This goes nicely with dangly earrings. I have lots. Unfortunately, Joe has recently turned into a bit of a magpie/lobster - if it catches his eye, his little pincer fingers grab on and pull. Hard. So at the moment jewellery is small and hair is scraped back. 


I'm sure you can be glamorous and a mother at the same time. It's just a matter of compromise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...