Sunday 24 February 2013

Prospecting


The weather's been so cold, and the sky so leaden this weekend that I decided to go looking for some cheering gold - like the label on this bottle (to be finished this evening, hooray).


The bathroom cabinet had a few splashes of gold too (and the oil smells of citrus, which is pretty uplifting in itself).


I love having daffodils in the house at this time of year.


In the bedroom these earrings are bright and sparkly.


Yet more daffodils, this time in the living room. The card's stuck on the mirror and says 'You always look so cool' - a quote from F Scott Fitzgerald, apparently. I thought it would give me a boost when I'm giving myself a glance over before going out. 'You always look so well-rested' would be more appropriate, if not entirely accurate.


I've yet to decide what to do with these. Lemon and poppy seed muffins spring to mind. If that's not a cheering prospect, what is?


I love this scarf. The rainclouds and raindrops suggest it was designed with February in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...