Sunday 10 March 2013

Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all you fellow mums (and grandmas) out there. This picture is of my mum and grandma and was taken in 1948 or '49. I know my mum reads the blog so I hope she's not too mortified at her little pointy bonnet.

Joe (Jay) got me a sweet little card and between them they honoured my request - a nice magazine to read and a couple of hours' peace and quiet. So they've just headed over to his brother's place in Manchester to watch the football and I'm sitting here in an eerily peaceful house. All I can hear is the wind outside (and next door's hoover - I hope she gives it a rest soon).


Most of the day has been spent pottering about. I planted some seeds (nasturtiums, claret sunflowers, marigolds and sweet peas). 



I also went outside to do a bit of TTV (through the viewfinder) photography. I'll write a post on it soon, but here are some of the images I took:





It basically involves using two cameras simultaneously so is a bit tricky, but the images have a retro, dream-like quality to them which I like.

Now there's nothing left for me to do but await the return of James and Joe. That gives me a couple of hours to lounge around and read. I'm going to do that lying on the bed. But before I go, I'd just like to wish my mum a happy Mother's Day...


Love from Sarah, Jay and Joe x.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...