Thursday 23 May 2013

Rose-tinted



For someone who doesn't class themselves as a 'pink person', I sure do seem to have a lot of it in the house lately - like this fabric (on the line after being washed to avoid shrinkage issues later on).


I'm not sure what I'm going to make with it yet but it was a bargain and I like the colours. The piece is only about 85x85cm though, so I'll have to have a think...


Jay bought me a bunch of alstromeria. When I was a florist (a very long time ago) we used to buy it in from a man who grew it locally, in Cheshire.


I like the markings. And alstro always last for ages too.


The yarn was another bargain. I'm going to try and make Christmas gifts this year rather than buying them. It's a bit of an undertaking but I'm up for a challenge. The colours in this made me think of someone in particular so I've started knitting (I know it's only May but making things takes time).


Pink, red and green seem to be my favourite colour combination at the moment. Who'd have thought?

2 comments:

  1. Love that fabric. Very cheerful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they? I'm usually a 'naturals' person - grey, cream, brown, green. Maybe it's summer coming (or hoping it is) that's got me into brights?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...