Saturday 20 July 2013

Billy Buttons


This week's Nature in the Home theme: 'round'. I opted for some stems of Billy Buttons (or Craspedia) I grew last year. They dry out well... Two plants - bought online - yielded two flowers. I might try again next year. I like the shape and colour.


The vase was a lucky charity shop find: £2.50. I spotted it and knew it was mid-century, so when I brought it home and did a bit of research on the 'Beswick' stamp underneath I found out it's from the mid 1950s. The zebra stripe range was designed by someone called Albert Hallam and is apparently looked down on by 'design snobs' for being derivative.

Conclusion: I'm not a design snob...


In other news, it's cooled down enough to pull up potatoes. Not a huge harvest but enough.

Oh, and apologies to those of you who send your lovely comments to me. I was 'spammed' a couple of days ago so have had to take security measures against it. Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments, I enjoy reading them!

4 comments:

  1. What unusual flowers. I really like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw them on a few interiors websites and liked them too. I have a bit of a thing for flowers which last forever!

      Delete
  2. Never heard of Billy Buttons before, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're native to Australia... I had to Google them and buy online. I suppose several plants would be needed to produce enough flowers for a bunch!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...